Sunday, November 17, 2013

DIY crystal statement necklace

 Arrange jewels. You need 1 big one for center and 5 smaller ones for each side. 
(Alternate way: You can try sewing or glue the beads onto a piece of felt fabric like I did here). 
 I used wires which took quite a bit longer.
Add jump rings to last bead and connect to desired length of chain.

Hey guys, I hope you all are well!
It's been quite a while. Sorry for the quiteness.
Here's a diy I'm excited to share. I will be honest, it was not easy as I anticpated
but I think well worth the time.
I got all these beads from Michaels for under $20.
My inspiration came from Ily Couture's Crystal Botanica
So gorgeous but I don't have $150 to drop and why should you if you can do it yourself?!
Hmm I'm quite happy with the results. Can't wait to wear this and incorporate it into the holidays.
What do you think?
Let me know if you plan on making it. 

bloglovin ❤ instagram

9 comments:

  1. Great post, Kay! The necklace is really cute! I'm very into statement necklaces these days, but I'm super picky, and the nicer ones are always overpriced :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mari! Yes I love love statement necklaces and agree that nicer ones are so overpriced.

      Delete
  2. I plan to try to make 1 of these. Yours turned out beautiful! I have some of my Grandmothers and Mothers costume jewelry pieces and I want to use those. They are so beautiful and Im just not sure on how to wear them or what to wear them with. To incorporate them into a statement necklace would be perfect! Thanks for sharing your hard work with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. That's a fabulous idea to incorporate your grandmother's & mother's costume jewelry into a statement necklace. Email me a photo, i would love to see it! :) Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. ❤❤

      Delete
  3. Hey there, completely IN-LOVE with your blog, just followed you on GFC (39), would love if you follow back :)

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy! What a sweet compliment. Followed you back :)

      Delete
  4. Woah! That's one classic piece! Love the idea to DIY your own necklace. Perhaps you can look into a blogshop and start selling some of the pieces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jocelyn! I actually have been looking into it. Appreciate the advice :)

      Delete