Wednesday, April 3, 2013

DIY Lace headband


Turn leftover fabric into a fashionable head piece. 
You can use any type of fabric design, (polka dots, floral) 
I used leftover lace from an old shirt.
Next time you decide to throw out a shirt, ask yourself this,
"Can I use this for a crafting project?"
Yes I am encouraging fabric hoarding haha!

Materials needed:
fabric 
(recommended, 2 inches in width) 
hair tie

Measure the length of fabric around your head with the hair tie expanded. 
Guess-timate about how tight or loose you want it.
Fold over ends to hair tie and sew or hand stich.
Finally, add some decorative sequins or leave as is.
And that's it! 
Hope you enjoyed this fun and easy tutorial.


10 comments:

  1. Thanks Adele. I'll be glad to check out your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog ! I follow you back :) xx
    Seg

    http://leblogdeseg.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl this is genius! thanks for stopping by my blog and the sweet comment!

    http://streetlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! Will definitely be trying this.
    Vianca
    Little Miss Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Vianca!! Tell me how it turns how :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, I have so many fabric and hair ties laying around. It is a good gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally! Yes that is a great idea to give as gifts!! Post them when you make them. :)

      Delete
  7. how fun and easy! great idea to used a hair tie vs. elastic!

    ReplyDelete